"Preservation of your skin in your 20's" by Ky Dolce
Preservation of your skin in your 20s should start as soon as you see the earliest signs of ageing, the eye area is always the very area that is first to go due to the tiny delicate collagen and elastin fibres.
Unfortunately, our body stops producing collagen in our mid to late 20’s so using products that preserve the collagen levels and slow them from depleting, ageing is genetical however evolving as we are generation after generation been in your 20’s you have the world in your hands, you are the future of your siblings and your siblings are the future of our future which is all the more reason why looking after your skins health now will actually make the difference of having healthy great skin for your children, all you have to do is look at the older generation of people born in the 30’s, 40’s and 50’s who are now in there old age, look at there skin and see how different it is from the generation of today that is ageing, we can already see the change and incredibly well preserved skins from all different ethnicities around the world today, this is not just down to genetics been genetics, we are evolving, our genetics are adapting, cells are forever changing their composition and skin is becoming more beautiful like a constant chrysalis of evolution, this is also known as ‘intrisic ageing’ we only have to look around today to se this evidence so knowledge is power therefore you are been given the knowledge to use for yourself and pass on to your friends, family and loved ones, this valuable information can change the way skin ages and behaves for generations to come.
“Ageing leads to thinning of the epidermal layer of skin which is the top outer layer and below we have the dermis with also thins as we age”
Abusing your body, abusing your health only has detrimental effects on your skin and that length of speed that you age baring in mind what we do now effects the outcome of our bodies in the future, for example; someone in there early 20’s using the sunbed repeatedly over a long period of time may not show instant signs of ageing though it all catches up with you later on into your mid to late 20s so one day you will suddenly look in the mirror and realise that you are growing older and you have in fact aged faster than any of your friends around you that are the same age which is a frightening concept.
Your skin is like a bridge, the bridge is used over and over throughout life, it starts off being strong and the whole infrastructure is there but one day the bridge gives way and starts to buckle, signs of ageing happen overnight, suddenly huge cracks appear and the bridge is stretched and misshaped, by then it’s too late, do not just assume you will be fine when you next leave your skin exposed to the sun, when you abuse the sunbed, when you do not protect your skin and look after it from the constantly changing seasonal weathers and environmental stress, eventually the ageing process will catch up with you, so how you look after it now truly matters more than ever. The weather, pollution, pathogens and chemicals we come into contact with everyday are valuable facts of knowledge that are right in front of our noses, been aware of these can improve the way we choose to live our lives and allow our beautiful skin to stay beautiful throughout the course of our entire lives.
As Sigourney weaver says in Avatar…I’m talking about something REAL and measurable in biology of the forest (skin cells)…What we think we know…there’s some kind of electrochemical communication between the routs of the trees (between the intra-matrix of the cells. Like the synapses between neurons. Each tree (skin cell) has ten to the fourth connections to the trees (skin cells) around it, and there are ten to the twelfth trees (skin cells) on Pandora(You)...That’s more connections than the human brain. You get it? It’s a network – a global network.
“think of this as your skin and how incredibly complex it is”
We loose about 1-2% of our collagen levels in our entire body so by the age of 30 we have already lost at least 5-10% therefore effecting the most important and largest organ of all that has the largest percentage of collagen and elastin cells making up the billions of skin cells, between 25,000 and 45,000 of them fall off every hour. Over a 24-hour period, you lose almost a million skin cells, preservation of your skin in your 20s should be easier to achieve with the knowledge of these facts you can maintain healthier ageless firm skin right into your 40s and today's generation shall certainly be a new kind of skin that is genetically and forever evolving, another 50 years from now our young generation today will lead the way to more perfect age defying cellular makeup that changes the way our skin looks as our skin cells evolve with our constant care and love of preserving our favourite organ of all.
So how do we achieve all of this?...
Here are some top tips to give you the knowledge which will unlock the secret to preserving your youthful healthy skin...
1.Drinking a healthy clean source of water such as mineral or spring water - your cells are made up of 80% water which is known as hyaluronic acid when it is drawn into a skin cells by osmosis, maintaining your hydration levels is most definitely the first and most important tips and you can also eat fresh vegetables and fruit due to there high levels of water content similar to the 80% water made up of yourself.
2. Keeping your skin natural! Applying skincare products and ingredients that are not suitable for your skin type including incorrect makeup and foundations have devastating effects on the skin and can excel ageing early on in your young adult years, don't waste your money on products that are truly not fit for your own personal and bespoke application! Let's get it right from the start! See a skin specialist or dermatologist for advice and get the best factual information and understand exactly what your skin needs! Most importantly your personal skincare regime shall be the best investment you shall ever make, once you have the facts you are not wasting away years and years of time spending thousands of pounds on incorrect skincare.
3. Less is more! Keeping things simple with youthful skin is highly recommended, application dosage is the key, applying as and when required, overloading the skin does not allow the skin to breath and blocks pores, pores in the skin are made up of thousands of microscopic sized pockets allowing the skin to breath, sweat glands in the skin also play active roles in the excretory system, or the organs and glands that flush out toxins and excess minerals from the body.
So applying products heavily can put too much stress on the skin, block pores leading to a build up of dead cells, sebum and product overload not allowing the skin to do what it requires to thrive.
4. Dosage application is an advanced skincare technique and in fact much simpler to follow as you are applying to areas of skin that only require attention as and when needed throughout the day, your skin constantly changes due to its porous breathable nature so it's I portable to recognise these changes from morning, afternoon to evening going to bed, your skin is very similar to our Earth's atmosphere, the 5 layers of our human skin is where temperatures change, air composition and air density so one could say our skin has its very own atmosphere that should not be ignored, nurtured, attended and cared for as much as the care and time gone into making ourselves up, understanding the key components and how our skin plays a big part of so many important facts gives us all the knowledge to keeping our skin younger than ever and most importantly keeping it happy and you. Cosmetics can also trap skin-damaging free-radicals that float in the air leading to advanced ageing I'm the skin.
There are an abundance of skincare products to choose from in today's 21st Century, it can often be very overwhelming for a young adult in your 20s to choose a product to use on your skin daily and maintain a happy and healthy complexion, not everything is going to suit your incredibly complex skin, choosing something that is not effective enough to choosing something that is over-effective can often be the case thus doing either nothing or causing more stress on your skin, getting it just right with the key ingredients is difficult to achieve.
5. Start with natural and safe ingredients, Organic Skincare that is certified and has no harmful ingredients that you don't understand or are simply too strong for your skin, skin in its 20s needs to be protected by the sun from harmful rays from the sun and environmental atmospheric toxic chemicals and city pollution, if your skin requires more specialist ingredients then you can look into Cosmeceutical Skincare which is a step up and completely different skincare product than Organic Skincare, natural ingredients are molecularly and biologically enhanced to allow the ingredients to be delivered to the deeper layers of the skin causing a natural biochemical remodeling response from the live cells to effectively changing the skins behavior in a more positive way strengthening the skin in areas were it has failed and been problematic or dysfunctional, to use Cosmeceutical you must have a consultation with a qualified and licensed skin aesthetician before been allowed to pursue a new skincare regime with these wonderful advanced products.
Effective daily skincare regime techniques...
1. Never use hot water when cleansing, use lukewarm warn to fairly warm at a comfortable temperature but never hot!
2. Choose to use your hands and fingers or an electrical skin brush to cleanse your facial skin, if you have delicate and sensitive skin then avoid using any electrical device, there is no scientifical evidence that an electrical facial brush is damaging to the skin and no reports of bad press to say they are unsafe to use though hygienically it is wise if you own one! Store it in a UV cabinet to kill any bacteria and germs whilst it is stored in your bathroom to keep it clean! Using your hands and fingers is just as effective when using gentle massage techniques during cleansing.
3. "don't forget to tone" one of the most crucial parts of your regime, your skin has a protective layer called the "Acid Mantle" similar to the Earth's ozone layer, think of a bubble when blown into the air, when you see it floating it has a beautiful oil like slick of a transparency to it and shimmers a rainbow of colours, your acid Mantle is very similar as it is made up of an incredibly thin and delicate layer of oils that protect your skin, everything you cleanse you wash away this protective layer or create holes through it like the ozone layer so it must be replaced with your toner which is temporary until the acid Mantle repairs it's protective film again ceiling up the skin and protecting you from harmful free-radicals.
4. Hydrate your cells, hydration is supplementing the cells with the most important thing that holds the cell together in the first place, if you don't water a plant it shrivels up and dies, the same will happen to your skin leading to early signs of ageing in your early 20s which is surely not what you want, choosing a moisturiser is dependent on your skin type, this is something that a skin specialist can tell you and is highly recommended as once you have this knowledge you have it for life! You can go for the natural organic skincare moisturisers or choose a cosmeceutical Skincare that contains active intelligent ingredients that skin cells can not resist due to there potency, its like giving your cells a caffeine shot that gives the cell instant boost of strong doses of minerals and vitamins, here are a list of ingredients to use in cosmeceuticals;
Before even using products with powerful active ingredients always consult a professionally qualified Skin Specialist or Dermatologist, they can can advise you on protecting your skin based on your skin type or your status of your skin, if you are thinking about introducing active ingredient into your skincare, don’t just go ahead without professional guidance.
Someone in there early 20s that is wanting to use more advanced skincare without professional advice, there is an argument that unless you have any damage to your skin or complication lie acne scaring there’s actually no reason for anyone under 30s to really be using products with Retinol creams, if you don’t have a problem with your skin then using strong active ingredients too early on in your 20s can damage the infrastructure of the skin and actually cause the opposite of what you were trying to achieve and in the long run you will end up with worse skin.
Don’t forget you are what you eat so you can find most of your vitamins and minerals in your fruit and vegetables.
Your skin analysis needs to be analysed to use cosmeceauticals, just because it’s a new trend on the market does not mean that buying these active products online is a clever move but I guess this comes down to “attitude to risk” if you are willing to just buy anything without advice and guidance just because you can or just because you are impatient then asking yourself a serious question such as…am I qualified in the anatomy of the skin? Do professionals use these ingredients in skin clinics all over the world? Why am able to purchase anything I wish online regardless of the strength of these ingredients? Is my skin going to be safe buying these products online and just simply using them without consulting my Skin Specialist or Dermatologist first? Am I going to damage my skin? Are they even correct for my skin type or condition? Does my skin even require these right now?
“It doesn’t matter, just do it”…is the wrong attitude to have
The strongest and most common AHA for fighting premature signs of aging and breakouts.
fine lines, hyperpigmentation, and acne prone skin issues.
Vitamin C is one of the most necessary antioxidants in skincare that protects our faces from blemishes and wrinkles alike and helps with oxidative stress that is caused from
Sensitive skin experiencing recurrent redness and inflammation.
One of the most effective preventative measures against signs of aging is the incorporation of retinol into your skincare in your twenties.
The next products are essential products that are safe and wonderful to use in your 20s
Face serums are lightweight gels, liquid like moisterisers that penetrate deeper into the skin to deliver active ingredients and offer an instantly first quenching SOS drink, hydrating the skin offering it instant soothing and relieving benefits. Serums are great for when your skin does not require too much moisteriser or any at all, our skin natural produce oils so don't forget this very important facts, if your skin feels too heavy and needs to breath for a few hours then simply use a serum but always apply a sun screen over the top to protect when outdoors, you can apply moisteriser later in the day if required and when required, it's all about careful dosage and listening to your skins needs throughout the course of the day.
It is important to protect your skin from both UVA and UVB radiation
Ultraviolet A (UVA). UVA radiation is able to pass through glass and may cause premature aging and wrinkling of the skin. Research suggests that UVA may also play a role in causing basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma, and melanoma
Ultraviolet B (UVB). UVB radiation is more closely linked with the development of skin cancer and melanoma. UVB radiation causes sunburn and does not penetrate through car windows or other types of glass.
Sun damage builds up over time. It is important to use sunscreen every day, even if it’s cloudy.
Choose a broad-spectrum sunscreen that protects against both UVA and UVB radiation. Make sure it is water resistant and has a sun protection factor (SPF) of 30 or higher. Other types of sunscreen may help prevent sunburn, but they will not protect against skin cancer.
Use a lip balm or lipstick that contains sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30.
Maintaining your youthful glow and the health of your skin. This ingredient delves inside the body to combat signs of aging well past layers of skin.
Liquid vitamin skin supplements are by far the most effective way of delivering a super dose of vitamin and minerals into your body offering instant results due to the liquid Vitamin absorbing faster and hardly any of the dosage is wasted allowing a higher dose of vitamins to support your internal organs and working through to your skin! Let's face it! If your organs and internal health is glowing then your skin will 100% follow suit and so liquid vitamins are certainly a great replacement of you don't have a healthy or consistent diet in your 20s especially, if your constantly eating takeaways and rubbish then soon the signs will show on your skin, taking liquid multivitamins is a positive step in the right direction.
Many superficial concerns that we see in our early 20s can be repaired from within using ceramide boosting products, these are to be used during the daytime and at nighttime to strengthen the cell-matrix preventing water-loss known as ‘trans-epidermal’. when a person finds themselves with a sudden outburst of spots, this is due to water-loss in the cells causing a disruptive fluctuation causing the cells to become overactive creative a whole chain of events with dehydration, oil products, lymph activity and imbalances on the surface of the skin.
HA’s allow cells to hold 1000 times it’s weight in water which gives your skin it’s youthful appearance by increasing hydration, increasing hyaluronic production in your skin making your skin soft, plump and supple making fine lines and wrinkles seem less obvious.
Hyaluronic Acid can not absorb into the skin due to the large molecules but you can put ingredients onto the skin that will absorb and encourage the skin to make more Hyaluronic Acid
Face sheet masks...
There is no difference as long as the product itself, the actual sheet has ingredients on there that are beneficial and choosing skincare that is personal to you such as organic certified or Cosmeceutical it does not matter how the mask is delivered as long as it offers the same thing that a mask offers and is not just some watered down poor quality sheet with little ingredients your not going benefit unless there is a substantial amount of mask to layer over the face to receive that effective deep reconditioned skin afterwards you'll want your skin feeling like heaven to touch, hydrated, soothed, soft, plump and dewy.
Unfortunately, I'm limited in Probiotic and Prebiotic although having said that my love for organic skincare is 100% all for this wave of skincare if it makes a difference to people’s skin genuinely and in a safe and healthy way then I most definitely approve.
Prebiotics are ‘food’ for our good bacteria strains, while probiotics are actually ‘live’ bacteria. Both are clinically-proven to calm and sooth irritated skin, while maintaining the health of our bacteria to prevent the colonisation of bad bacteria to ward off infections, this relates to city life and everyday living, pollution that causes great stress on the skin that leads to a process called oxidation caused by free-radicals (the human body is genetically programmed to damage cells, free-radicals can cause damage to the intracellular (cells within cells) makeup of the entire cell itself such as proteins, cell membranes and the Nucleus were the DNA of the cell is thus causing damage to our DNA.
So anything that allows positive properties to be added to skincare such as Prebiotic and Probiotic, stem cell, paraben free organically naturally produced skincare is proven not to be harmful in anyway so therefor this can only be good and kind to our beautiful skin especially our DNA which we must protect and preserve for the sake of evolution.
I guess Prebiotic and Probiotic is similar to the line of skincare known as stem cell skincare so the scientifically evidence to back up the results of these products actually working is what I always look for, even trying these products myself on my skin and finding that they truly do work then I am happy to use them although at present I only use organic skincare for mostly my body and I use cosmeceutical Skincare for my face.
I personally don't not and have never used anything but this on my face, I have always said...if the products are been used by a professionally qualified aesthetician/beauty therapist above level 3 then they have vast experience with skincare and products, cosmeceutical and medically prescribed skincare used in treatments offer professional results that of the same results received in a professional facial, medically prescribed skincare that do not use steroid based creams, these private medical products are not the same as what your local Doctor would prescribe, these are medically prescribed products that are used in private skin clinics for treatments that are only used for specialised skin conditions to target areas for advanced results, steroid based creams have detrimental effects on the skin if used for too long, private clinics approach the skin by a method of what is called cell remodeling, these steroid-free prescriptive products are carefully applied and administered when required to correct and remodel severally damaged skin such as acne scarring, melasma, acne and many more medical skin conditions.
Cosmeceuticals are medically approved with a license for there bioengineering ingredients to change the molecular size of the ingredients so microscopic to be delivered deep into the dermis layer of the skin as they absorb into all the 3 layers of skin.
I personally always avoid high street skincare as these are just brands all wanting a piece of the skincare industry with no effective ingredients and certainly there not made with love, passion and dedication I have given for the past 14 years of my career, real results only come from skincare that is proven to be effective, can be delivered deep into to the skin and not just sit on the surface, the ingredients in natural organic skincare are not been bio-engineered to change the molecule size so they can only penetrate into the superficial layer which is the epidermis, as these natural products are left in there natural state when produced they have little shelf lives as they contain natural preservatives to keep them as long as possible in there natural state until they go off, this does not mean they are less effective, they are effective for many superficial ailments and organic skincare always smells wonderful and aromatic, choosing organic skincare is a personal choice, the idea that everything is made from mother nature straight from the Earth directly onto our skin is in itself a powerful remedy in many ways, connecting to minerals that our body is already made up of has incredible healing energy both mentally and physically for the mind and body.
Allowing ourselves to understand the advancements of new age skincare of the 21st Century brings great knowledge to us all, we can learn what is possible with understanding what happens to molecules within ingredients when they are manipulated in such a way they are re-engineered using specialist equipment such as sonic technology, nano technology, liposome technology,
This brings us to prebiotic and probiotic skincare, another advancement from organic natural products whereby new intelligent ingredients are been added to create a new concept using science in a very special way with good bacteria strains and ‘live’ bacteria strains, I mean it is incredible to think what is possible with science today.
I would like to also bring up high street cosmetics, the beauty industry market is huge and now worth in the region of 9 billion plus, everyone wants a slice of the cake, investors, entrepreneaurs, huge high street shopping centres etc, the list goes on, I personal avoid products that are off the highstreet, I have dedicated my entire life to skincare, I work very hard as I am passionately driven and love skincare, it upsets me to see that just anyone can produce products these days no matter how wealthy you are or just a normal person that wants in on the beauty industry, I know were I would put my money when I am buying a product and that is certainly not into an individual or corporate company that do not live, eat and breath everyday for skincare, it is greed and unfair for the ones who have the true passion and dedication, that have sacrificed and given everything for the love of there career in skincare, I would buy my products from the one who does this, the one that is known for his or her work and is know as an actual qualified and registered therapist, aesthetician, dermatologist, nurse, doctor or who ever they are to be at least working in the industry with there certified paperwork to prove they are worthy of there products and worthy of them been shelved on the market, buy your products from professionals like this, why buy skincare that is owned by someone that owns the brand you have just bought that has no connection to this career and no idea of what a skincare product should represent, millions of people around the world are buying products every second of the day and wasting there hard earned wages to then waste it on low quality products that do absolutely nothing to your skin, this is what a huge percentage of the beauty industry is made up of, remember this every time you buy your skincare, buy brands that are reputable and produced by the qualified entrepreneur that works today with there clients, patients and the skincare itself, take for example music that is bought online, if this was not protected then the artists would not be paid what they are worth, the same principal lies here.
All this combined with years of experience and vast knowledge are important details when looking at a brand and deciding what product you wish to invest in for your skin, it's your skin, you only have one skin and it's for life so choose carefully, do your research and make sure you know what you are applying to your precious beautiful skin.
Author - Ky Dolce
Published Sunday 24 June 2018